We are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2021 Midwife Support Grant:
- Melissa Fleming, CNM, to purchase supplies for cervical cancer screening training, birth kits, and a documentation system at Kwinella Health Center, Gambia.
- Vicki Penwell, CPM, of Mercy in Action, for medical and office equipment for a new birth center on Samar Island, Philippines.
- Martine Jean-Baptiste, CNM, of the Foundation for Advancement of Haitian Midwives, to provide 600 KN95 masks, 1,500 surgical masks, 300 protective face visors, 300 bottles of hand sanitizer for midwives in Haiti.
- Tania Molina of MIPARTO, organization of traditional midwives of El Salvador, to increase visibility of traditional midwives by creating banners for their workplaces, and to provide transportation and food for their national council meeting.
- Nancy Comello, CNM, of Supporting Safe Birth, to purchase protective washable cloth aprons and masks, for indigenous midwives of Guatemala.